02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: What to Buy for Christmas 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What to Buy for Christmas

34
Hello, Friends!

Hope you are having a wonderful advent season. I grew up in an evangelical church that didn't follow the "church" calendar, but it seems like this year all Christians are focusing on Advent. I'm glad, aren't you?

There are so many distractions that take our focus off the Christ child but keeping up with O Come Let Us Adore Him with She Reads Truth has really helped me.  (You could easily double up and catch up!)

I'm also focusing on the birth of our Savior in my Prairie Blessings Holy Yoga classes. (I'd love you to follow me on Facebook.) I'm loving my favorite Spotify playlists here, and here.

Gosh, I am sounding kind of bossy. Go here. Go here. Go there. Forgive me!

Many bloggers have posted gift giving guides and I know you don't really need help from little ole me, but just in case you have a few people left to buy for, here are 3 of my FAVORITE things right now.

Item One:  Before Amen by Max Lucado




I LOVE this book and it is changing and deepening my prayer life. Well, God is doing the work, but He is using the words of Max to facilitate. Prayer is becoming less "something I do because I feel like I should" and more "how could I not speak to my Heavenly Father". This is something I have struggled with well, forever.

There I said it.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

Prayer is conversation with God while driving to work or awaiting an appointment or before interacting with a client.

We speak. He listens. He speaks. We listen. This is prayer in its purest form. God changes his people through such moments.

Gratitude is a dialysis of sorts. It flushes the self-pity out of our systems.

You must get a copy and read it. Please.

Item Two: Holy Yoga TV



For a minimum donation of $10 per month, subscribers can have monthly access to 4 brand new Holy Yoga instructional videos as well as several from previous months. If you have always wanted to try it, here is your chance.  I love it! It is giving me a chance to take Christ-centered yoga classes from first rate instructors in my own home.

Did you know that Holy Yoga is considered the fastest growing "brand" of yoga? Woohoo! God is blessing!

Try it for a month and see for yourself. Of course, you will want to do it "live" if there is a teacher in your area!

Item 3: Uggs 

I can hardly believe I am suggesting this. I am a TJ Maxxinista and Target and outlet mall shopper. I rarely pay full price for anything, but I do enjoy clothes.

And I have cold feet.

Late last winter, I started reading reviews for Ugg boots-the exact boots that I had turned my nose up at because they are just so darn ugly.

And I have seen so many people wearing ugly knock-offs that were filthy and worn with pajama pants.

In public.

But, I went to the store and tried some on and they were so warm and toasty and the salesclerks assured me I would love them. I left the store without them because I just couldn't write that check for only 1 pair of shoes.

And then went back and bought them.

I love them. I wear them in the house almost all the time and now my feet are not freezing 24/7. I haven't gotten out my ugly rice sock and heated it in the microwave until it almost burns and the smoke detector goes off-not once.

My Uggs were pricey but my cold feet think they are worth every penny.

Over to you, girls! What are your top 3 gift suggestions?
Photobucket

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38