02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Holy Yoga Moment..... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Holy Yoga Moment.....

34



I have been practicing yoga for many years now, and I love it. I would not want to grow old without it! 

Here are some reasons ( in no particular order) why yoga is my primary exercise.


1. Increased strength. The longer I practice, the stronger I get. I can hold poses longer and my core is definitely not the same as it once was, following 3 C-sections.

2. Improved balance. As we age, we need to work on improving and maintaining balance. Holy Yoga helps with that-both physically and spiritually.

3. Weight control. We  generally do a gentle flow in the classes I teach, but Power Yoga is a great way to burn calories and work up a sweat. As you build strength, you will be able to amp up your own practice.

4. Stress relief. Stress wreaks havoc on all systems of our bodies. Yoga, especially Holy Yoga, is a wonderful stress reliever. Using our breath brings calm to our spirits and lowers blood pressure and takes us out of "fight or flight" mode.

5. Flexibility. I often hear people say that they could never do yoga because they aren't flexible enough. That comment makes me want to scream. We don't do yoga because we are flexible but because we want to become more flexible.  I don't want the recliner to be my best friend, so I need to "use it, or lose it".

6. Challenge. There is always somewhere else to go in asana practice "Asanas" are the physical poses of yoga.  I am still trying to conquer Crow pose and many others but am happy to report that I can now easily do Half-Lotus. I'm not bragging, but I am encouraged that with continued practice, it isn't all downhill!

7. Body Image. Holy Yoga has helped me see my body in a new way. I used to look in the mirror and only see flaws (Trust me. I am well aware they are all still there and increasing with every birthday.) but now I am able to view my body with more gratitude for the places it has take me and the miracle and gift it is. I want to be HEALTHY.

Holy Yoga is a wonderful practice. I love combining breath and movement and worship. Click over to the https://holyyoga.net/ and find a class in your area.  If you can't locate one, consider subscribing to Holy Yoga TV. You won't regret it!

Any yogi's out there? Why do you practice yoga?
Photobucket


Labels:

35 36 37 38