02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: A Bird Sweetly Singing..... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Bird Sweetly Singing.....

34
Hello, Sweeties-

What a beautiful, beautiful day! Hope you are enjoying the sunshine, gentle breeze, and pleasant temperatures. Our guys have worked at warp speed the last two days trying to plant more corn and beans  and progress is being made. We have had so much rain that we are way behind on corn planting, but Lord willing, things will look better by bedtime.


I just have to tell you what happened during Holy Yoga on Thursday morning. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Holy Yoga, you can read about it here, here, or here, or even here.

Or visit the official Holy Yoga website and learn all about it. And sign up to be an instructor-we could be Holy Yoga sisters!

Normally, I have at least some idea what I want to say during class, and my playlist all selected to go along with the theme. Thursday morning was a different story. I had been so busy the entire week that I had hardly opened my Bible and I was feeling disconnected and not at all ready to lead a class.



As a matter of fact, I needed to ATTEND a class taught by someone else. Someone who was "yoga-ed up" and had a word of encouragement to give to ME. But, there was only me.

So, I arrived at class with a piece of paper torn out of our Sunday School material with this verse on it, which I find  absolutely amazing.

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love he will calm all your fears. he will rejoice over you with joyful songs."   Zephaniah 3:17

At first my music wouldn't play and then when it started, I jumped from one playlist to another trying to find one that spoke to me. We eventually settled in and I began to help us center and focus on HIM.

My beautiful peonies, which I took a second to enjoy before leaving for class, were on my mind as I opened in prayer, thanking God for the beauty He surrounds us with. He didn't have to make flowers, but he did.

Many many many different types of flowers.

Flowers for every climate and place on earth.

Beauty from the beautiful one, for us.


I was filled with gratitude and I knew from that moment the class was going to be just fine. Fine,  because I wasn't the one in charge anyway. I shared our verse for the day and the poses began.


After an hour of combining breath with movement and focusing on our verse especially the end he will rejoice over you with joyful songs, it was time for savasana, or resting pose. I grabbed Jesus Calling, prepared to read the selection for the day. For some reason, I skipped back a day and read this instead....
Approach each new day with desire to find Me. Before you get out of bed, I have already been working to prepare the path that will get you through this day. There are hidden treasures strategically placed along the way.........blessings that reveal my presence: sunshine, flowers, birds, friendships, answered prayer. I have not abandoned this sin-wracked world; I am still richly present in it. Search for deep treasure as you go through this day. you will find Me all along the way.

Then we lay on our mats-our little Holy Yoga community- and listened as a bird sang his very loud song right outside the window!

Just an accident?

I don't think so!

Photobucket

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38